Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My adventures with Meg

So today, I picked up my friend Meg and took her to lunch and to run some errands. (I will have to ask her if I can share her background medical information as to why I have to pick her up...I will keep you posted.) We went to our usual dining establishment, Los Tres (there is another word that comes after, but I can never remember the word, let alone spell it...so, we call it Los Tres), a great Mexican restaurant with people who don't laugh at us (anymore) with our special requests. We usually get there around 1:00 or so, after the lunch crowd so that we can take our time and enjoy our food and fellowship. I always offer to take her to run errands or to do anything she might need to do while we're out and she has never accepted my offer before. I was pleased to hear that she needed to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I took her, with no intention of buying anything myself of course, and ended up buying a few goodies (mostly off the clearance tables...my favorite place to shop!) We were there about an hour and a half while Meg tackled her to-do list...and she did!

Side note: While walking around, I got a text from a number I didn't recognize saying, "We just had an earthquake. I'm OK." I responded, "That is great! Who is this?" The response was, "Mom." Mom is what we call my mother-in-law. I was so mortified! I know I have her cell number programmed...or I did. The only thing I can think of is that when I got my phone fixed, they had to set it back to factory settings...I must of lost it then. A few minutes later, Meg got a call from her mother who asked if we felt the earthquake. Meg and I were confused...we must of missed something! Turns out, Richmond, VA (ish) had an earthquake that was felt as far south as Georgia...including Baltimore (where my inlaws live), Raleigh (where Meg's mom lives), and DC (where Paul's brother lives). How crazy!

Anyways, back to my adventures with Meg: After we left BB&B, we rode over to Buy Buy Baby. Meg had never been there before. I explained that it is a Bed, Bath and Beyond for baby stuff (which really is owned by BB&B, just in case you are not familiar with it...you can also use BB&B coupons there). I was not successful in my endeavor there, but it was still fun. Random, I know.

Thanks for reading,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment