Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bumbos and Boppys and Bibs, oh my!

I was so blessed to have such an amazing long (and last one for a while) weekend back home in Greenville. I arrived on Thursday and left on Monday. Thursday, my Mama and I hung out for a while and then I was able to get a massage!...so nice! On Friday, my Mama and I hung out again...it was so nice! On Saturday, my Uncle Mike, Aunt Sandy, and Cousin Allison brought my Nanny up, and my Mother-in-law, Ginny flew in from Baltimore, my sister Kristen came in from Newberry and my Mama and I all met at Panera Bread for lunch. Then, Nanny, Ginny, Kristen, Mama and I left to go to my 1st baby shower of the weekend, hosted by Anna, Annie, Jessica, and Linda. It was so beautiful and so much fun! We played a few shower games, and of course opened presents. It was such a great chance to hang out with ALL of my close girlfriends for one last time and just celebrate and chat and be together...not that I won't ever see them again, but it will never quite be the same. I won't be coming home to Greenville again without our little girl, Grace. I didn't really think about my "last" trip to Greenville because I always had another trip to look forward to. I'm not going to lie, it really hit me that afternoon and I had a little meltdown. That night, Mama, Daddy, Nanny, Kristen and I went to dinner and enjoyed our time together...what special memories. Sunday, we got up and went to church and came back to my parents' house. Aunt Sandy, Allison, Nanny, Aunt Susan, Ginny, Kristen, Mama, Daddy and I all enjoyed a little lunch made by my Mama, and then the women headed out to my 2nd shower out our church, hosted by my best friend Sarah Ellen and her mom Ellen. They had the most amazing Pooh cake, it was so amazing! We fellowshipped with church members, family members, and friends. What a great time. Paul, Grace, and I were very blessed this weekend with such wonderful goodies! It was a good thing I brought the Pilot!...my Mama and Daddy loaded it for me. I had to put down the back seats and they filled the WHOLE back (to window level, because I want to make sure I can see out). I had to put my suitcase in the front seat. It was a good thing I didn't bring our dog Jasper. I would have had to leave him there!...lol.

I love my hometown...with my church, friends, and family...and I miss it greatly. But, I am so thankful that I have started to make such wonderful friends here in Raleigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment