Thursday, September 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I have been very blessed to be traveling A LOT here recently (hince the 2 weeks without blogging...I will catch up, don't worry!)...especially since in a few weeks, I will not be able to travel anymore (ok, well anywhere past an hour of the hospital) while we wait for Miss Grace's debut. Two weeks ago I went home to Greenville for my 2 baby showers, and then last weekend I went to Hilton Head Island with my Mama, Daddy, Sister, and Hubby. With all of this travel, I have been able to see my friends and family from back home a lot...more so than in the begining of the summer after I first moved to Raleigh. Today was definitely a homesick day! I don't know why it hit me so hard today for some reason, but I was a wreck. I called my Mama and my Daddy and several of my friends from back home (of course, they were all working). I guess is just hit me today, as things start to slow down, that our lives really are about to change. In about 4 weeks, we will no longer be able to just pick up and head out. I know that when Grace gets here, it will all be worth it and I will be so thankful that I do not have to work or travel or whatever, but I have a feeling that the weeks in between are going to be hard. Thankfully, I have meet some wonderful people here in Raleigh, and I am just going to have to learn to reach out and lean on them. God has a plan, he knows what he is doing, but sometimes it is hard to remember that! I know that, here, in Raleigh with Paul, is where I belong...and that as long as our little family is together, wherever we are will be home sweet home.

Thanks for reading,
Carolyn

1 comment: