Monday, April 2, 2012

Be careful what you post on Facebook, someone might just care!

Today was the first day as a stay at home mommy that I found myself asking, can I do this all day every day?! It started off with a bang, so to speak. Grace woke up at 4:15am (which is VERY unusual for her) and after a bottle, finally went back down at about 5:00am, but woke up again at 6:15, ready to go. Grace, Jasper, and I decided to walk Paul to work, and since it was such a nice day, continue our walk around the 2.5 mile loop in our neighborhood. Everything was going great, until we got on the exact opposite end of the loop from our house and Grace lost it. I stopped and held her until she calmed down and put her back in the jogging stroller. It's like she has a sensor in her bottom because she would immediately cry as soon as she landed in the seat, I had not even taking my hands off of her yet. I picked her up and began carrying her while pushing the stroller with Jasper attached to it. This lasted about 10 minutes before my arm started cramping and we hit the up hill streak. I finally just had to put her in the stroller and keep going. She screamed, and every jogger/walker/biker that passed me gave me some judging glance or word about her being hungry or upset or something...NOT helping people. I can clearly see that she is upset, but I am trying to get home. Once home, I fed her and she slept for all of about 45mins, only with me holding her, of course. Well, Grace and I were committed to taking Meg to Duke for a doctor's appointment. Thankfully, Grace was pleasant during lunch, but again, not so much while we walked around the park waiting for Meg...and the entire way home! It took me every ounce of restraint in my body to not scream at my 5 month old to STOP SCREAMING!...why can't I reason with you?...lol. My sweet, wonderful hubby called to check on us, and hearing her in the background, came home and sent me away...anywhere. I went to Chick-fil-a (of course) and sat in a quiet corner both, with a Diet Dr Pepper, finishing my Bible study, childless. It was bliss. Both Paul and my mom (because I just had to call her to commiserate, since she was also once a stay at home mom) convinced me to still go to my woman's Bible study that evening, even though I was mentally exhausted.

So, getting back to Facebook. In the midst of the craziness that was my day, I posted a few statuses, such as, "Walking Paul to work and then walking the 2.5 mile in the neighborhood with Grace and Jasper = great start to the morning. Having to carry a screaming baby while pushing the jogging stroller and wrangling Jasper = not what I expected! Needless to say, it's been a rough morning..." and "I have never enjoyed the quiet as much as I am right now, sitting in a corner booth at Chick-fil-a, drinking a diet Dr Pepper, finishing my Bible study reading, child-free...especially after a day of constant screaming, like today! Thanks baby! (And sorry you had to witness it Meg!)" I walked into the Glover's house for our every-other week woman's Bible study, and had 5 or 6 of the other moms ask me about my bad day, which they knew about only because they read it on Facebook. What a blessing to have such wonderful, concerned friends asking me about my day and giving me such a reassurance, who wouldn't have even known about my rough day if it hadn't been for Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment