Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our first family outing...with an arrival time.

Our Sunday School class had our Christmas party tonight, which started at 6:30. This was the first time that Paul, Grace, and I needed to all get ready to be somewhere and at a certain time. I was also responsible for getting stuffing for 10 and a dessert there as well. (My sweet bestie, Meg, made a pie for me to take...what a blessing!) Paul made the stuffing while I got Grace ready, then he got ready while it was cooking, and a got ready when he was done. We left the house with plenty of time, so I thought, and arrived there at about 6:40. We thought, that is pretty good, they won't have started yet. But they had. We were humiliated. Thankfully, my sweet friend Laura came to us standing right inside the door and brought us to her table to eat. We were so nervous about bringing Grace, since she was the only baby who would be there, but she was great and we had a blast! Every time I am with this group of people, I am blessed. I am so thankful that we found them!

No comments:

Post a Comment