Saturday, August 20, 2011

Date nights

So tonight, Paul and I decided at the last minute (9:00pm, to be exact) to have a little date night and go over to Frankies Fun Park. We decided to get an Icee (which, bless his heat, Paul had NEVER had until long after we were married...again, he's a yankee), and play a little putt-putt...he won. It was Grace's fault. She is making my belly stick so far out that it kinda got in the way of me putting, which I didn't think about until the first hole...lol. I'm just kidding, we are just VERY competitive! After we played putt-putt, we walked around and people watched; people riding go-carts on the different tracks, people climbing up the metal "ropes course," people riding the drop zone, people playing laser tag and people playing the games. Sound exciting, huh? (I am a firm believer that date nights are so important in any relationship, but don't have to break the bank!)

When we got home, I got a little sad. I think it is the first time that I thought about the fact that in about 10 weeks, things will change. I am so excited about little Miss Grace's debut, but a little saddened at the same time. I love my hubby so much and I enjoy our little date nights and adventures and our time (alone) together. I know that when she comes we won't be able to just decide at 9:00 to go play putt-putt or grab ice cream or a movie. I know that we can still "date" each other, we will just have to PLAN AHEAD to have date nights...which, is sometimes hard to do with Paul's job. People keep telling me that everything changes when you have kids, I guess this is just one of those things.

Thanks for reading,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment