Thursday, August 18, 2011

Couponing!...another new adventure

Tonight, I tried couponing.

This past Wednesday, my friend Krista was very kind to teach me the inner workings of couponing. After listening to and looking at her impressive set up, I decided to try my hand at it. I started small, the Lowes Foods circular (the double up to $0.99, just so you know). I made my list of the things that were on sale and that Paul and I use on a regular basis, added any items that I had coupons for (especially if they were about to expire), and added any additional items I needed (after making my meal plan for the week). After buying ONLY what was on my list (another tip...stick to the list), I saved $54.50 and only spent $60.49. How exciting!

I am no extreme couponer by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a start!

Thanks for reading,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment